What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 certification enlists internationally accepted standards for establishing Information security Management System (ISMS) in your organization. it helps you to manage risks to the information that you hold. ISO 27001 certification gives confidence to your clients, customer, and other stakeholders about your ability to protect information. This standard enables your organization to adopt the process-based approach for building, executing, operating, monitoring, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
Why is ISO 27001 Certification important?
ISO 27001 standard helps the organizations in protecting valuable information within their premises by providing them the necessary know-how of the processes and activities to safeguard the information. It helps in demonstrating the company’s capability of handling data.
By attending a course on ISO 27001 standard and successfully passing the exam at the end of the course, an individual can also become ISO 27001 certified and prove his/her skills and credibility to the potential employers.
Since, ISO 27001 is an internationally-recognized standard, acquiring this certification opens up the global market for your business.
Why do we need ISMS?
Following are some of the benefits that an organization can avail by gaining ISO 27001 certification:
- Protection of information from unauthorized access.
- Assurance of the authenticity of information, that can only be modified by the authorized users.
- Assessment of the risk to the information and planning mitigation efforts.
- Getting assessed by an independent body that follows internationally best practices.
- Enhanced reliability of your systems
- Enhanced confidence of your customers and clients.
- Improved resilience of your business.
- Fulfillment of customer’s expectations.
- Betterment of your management processes and preparation of your risk strategies.
What are the requirements for ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 follows a High-Level structure (HLS) that is composed of ten sections in the form of clauses, out of which, the first three are introductory in nature. Clauses 4-10 give the mandatory requirements for implementation of ISMS in your organization. Controls from Annex A must be implemented only if declared as applicable in the Statement of Applicability.
The requirements from sections 4 through 10 can be summarized as follows:
Section 4: Context of the organization – This section talks about understanding the requirements of your organization for implementing an EMS. This includes the identification of internal and external issues, the expectations of interested parties, identifying the right processes requirements for implementing EMS, and defining the scope of EMS for your organization.
Section 5: Leadership – The leadership requirements say that the top management is responsible and instrumental in implementing EMS. The commitment to EMS can be demonstrated through defining and communicating environmental policy, assigning the roles and responsibilities as well as establishing an effective communication throughout the organization.
Section 6: Planning – The ongoing function of the EMS should be planned by the top management. There should be an assessment of the risks and opportunities of the EMS in the organization. This helps in identifying the objectives of the organization and planning for its accomplishment. It is very important for an organization to make an assessment of the environmental impact of their processes, as well as their legal obligations.
Section 7: Support – The support section deals with management of all resources for the EMS. It includes requirements around competence, awareness, communication and controlling documented information (the documents and records required for your processes).
Section 8: Operation – The operation requirements deal with all the environmental controls required by the business processes. It also includes identification of potential risks and planning the mitigation responses in the event of such emergencies.
Section 9: Performance evaluation – It is done to verify your EMS through monitoring and measurement. It includes assessment of your environmental compliances, internal audits, and management review of your EMS.
How much does ISO 27001 cost?
The cost of implementation and certification of ISO 27001-ISMS is dependent upon several factors such as the size of organization and complexities of processes. This helps in building the ISMS scope, which is different for different organization. the cost is also dependent upon the local price of the services that are imparted for the implementation of ISMS.
Some of the sources of the incurred costs are:
- Training and literature
- External assistance
- Technologies to be updated / implemented
- Employees’ effort and time
- The cost of the certification body
Enroll yourself on our training courses and gain the confidence to assess your knowledge and competency against the Information Safety Management Systems- ISO 27001 international standards. This will enable you to plan an audit and conduct it in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021, where required). This training is relevant for anyone who is interested in conducting first-party, second-party or third-party audits. It is also relevant for those who are planning, implementing, supervising or auditing ISO 27001 ISMS.
What are the prerequisites for the training?
It is very important for the interested candidates to have a basic idea of the following management principles before enrolling themselves in ISO 27001 management training courses:
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer’s satisfaction.
- Common jargons of the Information Safety management principles.
- Model of the process-based Information Safety Management system and structure of ISO 27001.
1. Internal Auditor Training
Internal auditor course is designed to train the candidate on the required standard.
The training includes a class room session, which normally of two days, and includes:
- A group exercise, and
- Some practical illustrations
How is the training helpful?
- It helps the candidate to understand the need of the standard and perform the audits in a systematic manner.
- It helps the candidate to perform the internal audits and manage the audit plan in accordance with the relevant certification.
The structure of the course:
- Introduction to the relevant standard.
- Introduction to audits, definition and types of audits.
- The planning and preparation for internal audit
- Individual and group exercises
- Taking the internal auditor test.
What will you gain?
At the end of the training the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally acceptable.
2. Lead Auditor Training
What is the training about?
- This training includes in-depth knowledge of the relevant standards.
- Lead auditing can be performed on the concerned organization as well as the certification body.
How is the training helpful?
- Lead auditor training helps the candidate to gain knowledge and skills to perform the audits as per the relevant standard.
- It also helps the candidate to enhance their practical knowledge of auditing skills and become internationally recognized auditor.
Structure of the training:
- Lead auditor registration scheme
- Structure & Overview of the ISO Standard
- Audit definition/types/principles
- Audit Planning & preparation
- Audit Tools & Techniques
- Audit Performance
- Recording & Reporting Non Conformities
- Audit report preparation
- Corrective Action & audit follow-up
- Surveillance audits
- Continuous Assessment exercises & feedback,
- Syndicate & role play exercises & feedback
- Written Examination
At the end of the training the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally traceable.
2. Awareness Training
What is it about?
- Awareness training on any ISO Standard helps the candidate to understand the basic requirements of the standard.
- It helps the candidate to choose the right direction to implement the standard in his organization.
- It also helps him to choose the right certification body or industry to move in his career or get his organization certified.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Kingsmen Consulting Services helps the candidate to understand more than what is there in the standard.
- We also help the candidate to choose the right path for his career and for his organization.
The candidate gets to know the importance of the standard in day-to-day life during his period of employment in the organization or while deciding to choose his career. It helps in remaining competitive in several areas, including the process improvements and operational efficiency.
The course consists of:
- The basic knowledge of the requirements of the standard.
- Interactive exercises to enhance instructional delivery
At the end of the training, the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally acceptable.